There are three books I would suggest anyone struggling with weight, self esteem, health issues or just plain curiosity should purchase or borrow and at the very least leaf through.
The First is You : The Owner's Manual by Dr Oz. This book seems like it may boring reading at first sight. It really isn't. It explains your body and it's functions in a down to earth and sometimes amusing way. The book probably took me a week of bedtime reading to get through but was well worth it.
The Second is You : On a Diet again by Dr Oz. It follows the same structure as You : The Owner's Manual but goes more in depth into subjects dealing directly with obesity. This books gives a lot of information on different diets and why or why not they work. It also contains some pretty good recipes in the back section. I actually had this book for almost a year before I decided to really read it. A lot of what I have learned came from this reading.
The Third and probably my favorite is How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World by Jordan Christy. I bought this book on a business trip out of boredom. I sat down with my Starbucks and started to read with the intention of wasting an hour or so. Three hours later I looked up and realized it was dark outside. It kept me enthralled and amused while my husband was doing his thing. This book has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss or really even self improvement. It really hit a cord with me when I read it. I have since read it several times when I need a power boost. It is written in a fun and entertaining way but gets the point across. It kind of reminds of the lyrics of "Stupid Girls" by P!nk. Who by the way is my favorite artist and has rocking body but is by no means a Barbie Doll....
No comments:
Post a Comment