I am motivated by rewards. I do a better job at whatever I'm doing if I know there is a reward at the end of the journey. It may sound superficial but it's just me. To motivate myself to cook at home more often, I plan on rewarding myself with kitchen stuff that I have been drooling over. If I fail a week I start fresh. Rewards will get better by the weeks completed so it works better for me to stick with it. I will be completely honest. The week prior to our vacation and basically from Halloween to New Year's we rarely eat at home. The week before vaca I run around like a crazy person getting things done and I don't want perishable foods in our house while we are gone. The Holiday Season is so busy my kitchen gets tons of use but it is rarely for a simple family dinner. Those two times I'm not going to be unrealistic and say I will cook because I know that I won't. The other exception is birthdays, our anniversary and date night. Other than those set times and providing we aren't without basic utilities like gas water and electric (which for some reason seems to happen at least once a year - we, meaning our neighborhood or the entire city, lose one of the basics for a least a few days)
I'm not sure how I came to be a take out ordering queen. I love to cook. I'm actually pretty good at it, sans roast turkey which is a entirely different blog post. The excuse of not having a functioning kitchen doesn't apply. Our kitchen in this house is really large and well equipped. Other than laziness I have no excuse for not cooking. It is easy to order takeout and that's why I do it. Recently it has come to my attention that my family doesn't say what are we having for dinner, they ask where are we getting dinner???
So begins my newest adventure......4-5 days a week at home cooking. Sunday thru Thursday I will be making meals at home and as with a lot of my journeys I will share my success and failure on my blog. I feel like it makes me more accountable.
Friday night will still be Steakhouse Night, Saturday will still be lunch out and we will still order Pizza one night a week (usually Saturday), other than that I plan on cooking at home :)
I will soon post my reward system.....when I get it figured out
Until Next Time
~Tera D
No comments:
Post a Comment