The Biggest Loser has changed
I have been a faithful watcher of the Biggest Loser since season one. One thing I always admired about the show is that the emphasize the importance of diet and exercise over gimmicks. It would seem however that the Biggest Loser is now cashing in on the weight loss gimmick industry. They have always had branded products and endorsed products. They even went as far as having a diet club, but I think the newest addition is a little overboard. The Biggest Loser now offers meals similar to Jenny Craig and NutriSystem. The problem with these types of programs is the cost. One week of food costs around $175 for The Biggest Loser System. Nutrisystem is $320 per month (weekly it is not available) Jenny Craig doesn't have prices listed online but I found resources that estimate it to be around $350-400 per month. Plus with Jenny Craig there are separate membership fees of around $50-100. E diets who oddly enough handle the Biggest Loser plan is $162 per week.The issue with these systems is not nutritional in nature.....it's cost. I can feed (or come pretty close) my family of five on these amounts! The basic premise is that they are portioned controlled....My advice......buy a measuring cup! At least then you will learn correct portions in preparation for your maintenance journey.
I suppose my point is that they have stressed over and over that dieting and exercise doesn't have to be expensive and with this basically they are telling you that you won't be successful without spending $700 plus per month on meal plans....whatever.
I do however get irritated at the market when my produce costs the same as every other thing in my cart. I kinda feel like the industry is saying well....you should eat healthy only if you make $100 grand a year otherwise here's some processed crap to consume!
I suppose my point is that they have stressed over and over that dieting and exercise doesn't have to be expensive and with this basically they are telling you that you won't be successful without spending $700 plus per month on meal plans....whatever.
I do however get irritated at the market when my produce costs the same as every other thing in my cart. I kinda feel like the industry is saying well....you should eat healthy only if you make $100 grand a year otherwise here's some processed crap to consume!
No comments:
Post a Comment