Sunday, January 15, 2012

3/11

Lift with your legs and not with your back......

Today as Nathen is extremely ill and dizzy I was reminded of a time when my 175 lb frame had to lift him to stand. It was the most difficult thing we had been through but brought us close together. I am not by any means saying I wasn't so ready for him to go back to work by the end of that summer but we made it. When faced with the challenge of being the support system (literally) for someone who is 1 foot taller and 100 lbs heavier it was scary. There was a lot on the line. But I did it. I didn't think there would have been any possible way but when faced with the situation with the proper training I did it. I still haven't mastered shaving someone's face because for fear of his carotid he took over after my first try! Through that summer I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of. Frequently through this journey I have had to remind myself that it is possible. I can't is no longer in my vocabulary.
May 2005 The first of thousands of walks we took between May and September.

No comments:

Post a Comment