Where It all Began......
From the time I hit puberty until well today I have always been curvy and it has been a struggle. I have come to a place where I realized be Thankful for what God has blessed you with and deal. I stayed in a somewhat normal weight range until after my second child was born. I lost a considerable amount of weight during and following my pregnancy and at one point actually became malnourished. I started a new job when she was 4 and a half weeks old. The job was very high stress and caused drastic fluctuations in my weight. I would either eat like a line backer or not at all.
In 2005 my husband was severely injured in a firefighting accident. He broke 13 bones in his body including three in his neck and one is back. We had a long road to recovery but we made it. That put into motion events that would eventually lead to me becoming a very emotionally needy individual. I didn't realize that I turned to food as a means of comfort but looking back I did.
In August of 2010 I went to the Doctor for a normal yearly exam. I got on the scale and almost threw up. My weight was 230 pounds. I am five foot sixish. I had never been that big in my entire life. Once in the examining room I discussed my options with my physician. We decided that diet, exercise and medication would be the route that we would follow. She also did some blood work and advised me to keep a journal of what I was consuming for the next few days. Later that day they called and made a follow up appointment for me. When I returned one week later and she examined my food journal she was in shock. I was consuming only 500 to 600 calories per day in actual food substance. The other 1600 to 2500 calories per day were in the form of soda. My sugar had been slightly elevated on the morning of the test and that had been the explanation. So that is how we got to the point of my weight loss journey.....
In 2005 my husband was severely injured in a firefighting accident. He broke 13 bones in his body including three in his neck and one is back. We had a long road to recovery but we made it. That put into motion events that would eventually lead to me becoming a very emotionally needy individual. I didn't realize that I turned to food as a means of comfort but looking back I did.
In August of 2010 I went to the Doctor for a normal yearly exam. I got on the scale and almost threw up. My weight was 230 pounds. I am five foot sixish. I had never been that big in my entire life. Once in the examining room I discussed my options with my physician. We decided that diet, exercise and medication would be the route that we would follow. She also did some blood work and advised me to keep a journal of what I was consuming for the next few days. Later that day they called and made a follow up appointment for me. When I returned one week later and she examined my food journal she was in shock. I was consuming only 500 to 600 calories per day in actual food substance. The other 1600 to 2500 calories per day were in the form of soda. My sugar had been slightly elevated on the morning of the test and that had been the explanation. So that is how we got to the point of my weight loss journey.....
No comments:
Post a Comment