Thursday, December 29, 2011

Things that I have discovered along this wonderful journey!
I have discovered (well technically relearned) a lot of things about myself.
The most important! I am a strong willed independent woman who doesn't need someone else to tell me I rock. I kinda know it myself these days. I am not saying I'm perfect I am far from it but I have my rockin moments and these days I can applaud myself for it rather than waiting on someone else to recognize it.
I am artsy. I realized lately that if I allow myself I can be rather creative. I painted my first mural and didn't do half bad. I see things for what they can be and not what they are in their current state. Most of the time people look at me like I am crazy but when it's done nine times out of ten, it's what I envisioned.
I am a pretty deep thinker. Before I was in a place where I just didn't give myself the time to think. I just didn't want to think about my past, present or future. I was just floating along through my life like an out of body experience.
I have my own tastes and opinions and they are pretty strong. When the point came where I allowed myself to just be me without regard to what other people thought, I became much happier. I am at a point now where if my band t shirts and tattered jeans offend you Sorry, look away! If you find it offensive that I wear black eyeliner...oh well. I have to be me. I spent far too many years being someone else's person and lost who I really was. I am a girl who grew up on a farm 10 miles from anywhere and I left the first chance I got(some regrets on that one). I like to wear flannel shirts. I am not afraid of hard work. I am not afraid to speak my mind. I love my Ray Ban Wayfarers (I don't care if they are in style or not) . I like the tranquility of morning dew and fresh snow. I like to hunt and I hate to fish. I enjoy nature and gardening. I love tradition. I own a gun. I want a pink one!  I know that's girly but I am allowed one frou frou thing.
I have lifelong friends I haven't had much contact with lately. I plan on changing that. These are the people that were with me through the first boyfriend and the first break up. They have been there for me through the laughter and the tears. Acne, dances, first cars, impromptu road trips, lots of firsts....Not that I don't cherish all of my friends but there are a couple of people with whom I feel like I need to reconnect with. Life tends to get in the way at times.
My family is invaluable to my success. Not just dieting but all of my successes. I have a BIG family. In fact if I were to count all of them I think we may be able to give the Duggars a run for their money. Each and every one of them support me in one way or another. For that I am thankful and for each and every one of you! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment